Script

“The Double Crossing Dame”


By


Stephen Dunn


Max Wilde

-Private eye hired by Mr Kane’s family to investigate his death.


Mrs Loretta Kane

-The late Mr Kane’s young grieving widow.


EXT. MR KANE’S HOUSE. NIGHT.


Max approaches the Kane household and walks round to the window to peer in as the light inside is on. He then knocks on the door. The front door opens.


INT. MR KANE’S HOUSE. NIGHT.


Max

I’m sorry to be calling at this hour Mrs Kane. My name is Max Wilde; I’m a private detective. May I speak with you?

Mrs Kane descends halfway down the stairs.


Mrs Kane

Of course Mr Wilde. Please, do come in. What brings you here?


Max

I’ve been hired to investigate your husband’s death Mrs Kane. I have a few questions I’d like to ask you.


Mrs Kane

I’m still grieving the loss of my poor, poor Bobby. But if this will help find his killer then I am more than happy to be of assistance.


Max

I see. You’re a young, pretty looking doll Mrs Kane. I’m told Mr Kane was a well-respected gentleman. Were you attracted to his wealth?


Mrs Kane

What are you implying Mr Wilde?


Max

I’m not implying anything. Was it not a factor in your relationship to him?


Mrs Kane

No. I loved Bobby.


Max

I think you did it, I think you killed Bobby!


Mrs Kane

NO!