Discussion of film


The production process went smoothly without any major setbacks. Minor setbacks included the set being a lot smaller than I anticipated. This meant that there was not much room for the camera equipment and even less space for me to fit behind it. I had to alter some of the shots because of this but still managed to shoot from my desired angles. As a result of meticulous planning, the production process had very few flaws and I finished on schedule, within the deadlines I had set myself. This is evidence that I managed the project successfully.


I believe that I was successful in producing a short example of film noir. I achieved this by effectively researching noir camerawork, lighting, sound, script, set and costume. I managed to incorporate all of these elements into my short video clip and I accomplished this at a high level of professionalism, as my film did not appear amateur when aired to an expert audience who are familiar with filmic concepts.


Director's Commentary